Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3

Day 3 complete. Before the workout some news. 

A very close family friend was just diagnosed with MS at age 52. She is at North Shore hospital which I have heard has some of the best MS care in the area. I'd like to ask that you say a brief prayer (if you're religious) or just send a good thought to her. I will keep her name out of this blog to respect her privacy. 

In completely different more happy news. I have signed up to volunteer at the Civilian Military Combine on September 14 at the Aviator sports complex in Brooklyn. This is a 4-5 mile obstacle course that starts with a cross-training like workout (www.civilianmilitarycombine.com). After volunteering I will run the course at the end of the day with other members/volunteers from Crossfit revenge. 

Before I post today workout a little more background on me. Earlier this year I was diagnosed with 2 herniated disks at l4-l5 and l5-s1. Since then I have slowly been increasing the weight I will pull off the floor.  Today was a milestone in my recovery as it was the first time since my injury I lifted more than 300lbs. 

Today's workout

Strength WOD:

1 Rep Max Deadlift - 315


Conditioning WOD:

‘Diane’

21-15-9

Deadlifts at 185

Handstand Pushups - I cannot do handstands yet (it's an uncoordinated work in progress) so I did inverted push-ups off of a 24" box


Time 7:05

Then 1 rep squat at 210lbs

1 comment:

  1. Nice comment about your close, family friend...my bestest friend...she would love to know you're thinking of her and squatting for her too!

    Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete