Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 20

Out of the hole - Day 20 at Crossfit Revenge.  Thanks Jordan for the pic
Happy Friday, I hope everyone enjoyed the last official week of summer.  I had a late night at work (I am actually still doing some now as I write this at 10:30pm) but I had a rather enjoyable first week at my new job.

I spoke with my dad again today, and although it was difficult, I was able to make plans to go see him on Sunday and to go see a movie with him.  He has always like watching movies.  When I was growing up and I would go a stay with him on the weekends, we would always rent a movie on Friday night, some were good, some not so good, but it was always something we did together.

I found this video from the MS Society, it is a short film about Jonah Chan, the first receipient of the Barancik Award, a new international award given to recognized inovation and progress in research of MS.

Dr Chan has invented and is currently testing compounds that help regenerate the myelin around the nerves that are damaged from MS



Today's work out

‘Lumberjack 20′20x Deadlifts - 185#
Run 400m
20x KB swings 53#
Run 400m
20x Overhead Squats 65#
Run 400m
20 Burpees
Run 400m
20x Chest to Bar Pull-ups
Run 400m
20x Box jumps (24″/20″)
Run 400m
20x Squat Cleans 65#
Run 400m

On Nov. 5 at 1:34 p.m., a terrorist attacked fellow soldiers and civilians at Fort Hood, Texas. When the shooting ended, he had killed 12 soldiers and one civilian and wounded 43 others.
Spc. Frederick Greene, 29, of Mountain City, Tennessee, Pfc. Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah, Pfc. Michael Pearson, 22, of Bolingbrook, Illinois, and Spc. Kham Xiong, 23, of St. Paul, Minnesota, along with eleven of the wounded were active CrossFitters in the 20th Engineer Battalion, home to LumberJack CrossFit.
This work out is done in their memorial

Squat - 210 x 1

Enjoy your weekend
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment