Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 21, 22, 23

Sorry I know its been a few days. Its been a busy weekend. 

After a late night Friday working and helping Kate prepare for Saturday's party I managed to drag myself out of bed and to the box for what was basically 20 minutes of burpees. I got my squat in and did some mobility work. Then it was a hectic run around for a surprise party for my mother in law,  her birthday was months ago so she was very surprised. I was very impressed with all the planning and the execution of the party that was almost entirely done by Kate.

On Sunday I had plans to go see my dad, so instead of going up to the box to squat I took a friend up on his offer to use his garage gym. This is no simple garage gym. This setup could put many other gyms to shame. Anyway I got warm and got my squat done and headed into the city. 

Old school Iron - Garage Gym
I met my dad at the theater to see Prisoners.  He seemed to enjoy the movie. But the gravity of his condition hit hard when trying to talk with him.

He appears to some of the time understand what you say to him,  however he rarely responds and when he does his speech is very hard to understand if at all. Most of the time I found myself repeating what I thought he said. 

Me and Dad at a July Mets game
I looked into the known progressions of FTD, and based on this article it appears my dad has progressed further than the time since he was diagnosed would suggest.


Monday was a start of a new week, started the day off at the box for a fun workout with rope climbs
Run 800m
25x Strict Press
25x Push Ups
1x Rope climbs
20x Strict press
20x Push ups
2x Rope climbs
15x Strict press
15x Push ups
3x Rope climbs
10x Strict press
10x Push ups
2x Rope Climbs
5x Strict Press
5x push ups
1x Rope Climbs 

25:04

Squat 210x1  



No comments:

Post a Comment