Friday, October 11, 2013

Days 36-41 - Constantly Varied, Not so much


On monday I did a workout of squat snatches and burpee box jumps (check around 3:00 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-9hfuBCbfQ  to see what fun they are) 

After I got home my calves and shins decided to cramp and send shooting pain through my leg for the rest of the day and night.

Combined with the general soreness, beat up feeling I took it as a good week to take time off from Crossfit. 

For the past week I have been heading into the gym, doing mobility and squatting.
Tuesday and Wednesday 210 x 1 

Thursday I decided to play around a little and tried box squatting for the first time.

In a box squat you place a box, bench, low chair, under you that is low enough to break parallel, you sit back on to the box, pause stand up, because all of the potential energy is removed by stopping on the box standing back up is much harder. 

 The result is I now know I can stand up from a seated position with my body weight on my back

Thursday and Friday 210x1 box squat 




No comments:

Post a Comment