Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 32

New personal best for squats and for a workout

3 reps at 255lbs the most I've done at that weight

And I took 20 seconds off my time for a workout called Fran
21-15-9
Thrusters
Pull ups

Outside of the gym

I just read a blog post from the MS Society about the effects of MS on the patients children

A study was done and some common findings were

Children can experience stress caused by worrying about the health of the parent with MS and what disease progression may mean for the family.

It can be time-consuming to help parents with household chores, as well as the parent’s own daily activities in some circumstances. One 12-year-old girl who was surveyed said that she felt chronically exhausted, since she did the majority of the cleaning, shopping, cooking, babysitting and helping siblings with homework.

If parents need help with their own personal hygiene, it can be an additional physical and psychological burden on children. In one extreme example, a14-year-old boy reported that he was extremely uncomfortable having to help his mother in the shower.

The child’s social life may be impacted negatively if they are apprehensive about bringing friends home, due to his or her parent’s disability


From http://www.msconnection.org/Blog/October-2013/How-does-my-MS-impact-my-kids


I guess I am lucky. My mom , met a wonderful irishmen, Jim, whom she married and they have a house in the middle of Ireland caring for one another.  So the stress of caring for her is less of a concern for me, I was also older when she was diagnosed so I dont have any apprehension about bringing people to see her or her to see anyone.  If shes offensive, its not the MS. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I can be offensive, but only to people who deserve it. And dissing your poor, disabled mother is definitely not the way to endear yourself to her. But, I love you anyway.....keep going and can I come and watch the workout while I'm in town?

    ReplyDelete