Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 51


I called my dad yesterday to try and arrange a time when I could go into the city to spend some time with him, I was able to schedule the time, however even over the course of a few days, his speech is getting far worse.  I can honestly say that when I thought about what my relationship would be like with my dad when I was in my 30s, this was not even a slight consideration.  

I am fortunate that both of my parents are still alive for me to tell them what they mean to me.  I just wish they both could say it back.

While these illnesses are typically "slow" in their progression, you never know when someone you love can be taken from your life in one or many ways.  Don't wait for something to happen, tell them as often as you can.

Today's workout
5 rounds
500m row
20 v-ups
20 kettlebell swings
20:19

Squat 210x1



1 comment:

  1. I love you Joseph Garvey, always have and always will.....don't ever forget that.

    ReplyDelete