Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 60 - 75 I'm Back


For a number of reasons, none of them really any good I have not posted in a while. (Shame on me)


But have still been squatting, and reading about the illnesses that not only impact my parents but a growing number of people through out the country and world.

Something I recently read struck a nerve and is one of the reasons I am doing this -

Alzheimer’s research receives $450 million annually, compared to $3 billion for HIV/AIDS, $4 billion for heart disease and $6 billion for cancer

Please note I am not understating the awfulness of those other diseases, but with 36 million sufferers worldwide (and growing) there needs to be more research and funding into treatments and potential solutions to this and other brain illnesses.

For the full article this came from please click here - http://www.forbes.com/sites/northwesternmutual/2013/11/19/fighting-alzheimers-on-all-fronts/

No comments:

Post a Comment